Prix Caprilli and Dressage, March 8th, 2015
Codden Hill Equestrian Centre, Bishops Tawton
The Event: Just a straightforward dressage competition, with a Prix Caprilli class – dressage
with a couple of jumps
Codden Hill Equestrian Centre, Overton Farm, Bishops Taunton, Barnstaple EX32 0DX
- Class 1 (a, b): Introductory A (2008)
- Class 2 (a, b): Preliminary 13 (2006)
- Class 3 (a, b): Novice 24 (2010)
- Class 4: Prix Caprilli 2’ max, see test sheet last page
Rosettes to 6th place, both sections of each class
Cost: £5 per entry (nonClub
members may enter at £12 per entry if there are places
available – if they are not available at close of entries we will refund your entry)
Organisers: Amy Bengey (07917 765 937) and Peter Vaughan (0777 635 7532)
- Classes will be split, section a, section b. Section a is restricted for horse+rider
combinations who have NOT been placed 1st or second at a higher dressage level;
section b is open. However, we receive fewer than 3 entries in each section, the class
places will not be split.
- How to Enter: Fill in the entry form with your name, horse’s name, and the classes
you want to enter (1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 4), with cheque (if not paying by BACS) to
Peter below. Closing date 28th February. (This is so we can we can plan test times,
liaise with judge, etc). Payment secures place – until we receive payment, someone
else could grab your place. And entries will ONLY be accepted on the entry form.
- Dressage test sheets can be obtained from British Dressage (Google them). Sorry –
you will have to get your own as we are not allowed to photocopy them (yes we
think that’s tight, too).
- Entries will be limited – first come first served! If very over subscribed, we will
arrange a second date, giving priority to those who didn’t get a place.
- Juniors below 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult; juniors between 12
and 14 years must be accompanied by person over 16.
- Test Times: Will be published on Club Facebook page, evening of 5th March. Or
contact Peter or Amy if you do not have Facebook access. No start will be before
- Tack: English or continental saddle (so no Westerns!). Bridle: Snaffle bit or variant;
pelham with roundings or variant. A noseband is compulsory. This is wider than
normal for dressage to allow you to use what you normally ride in. But, the following
are NOT allowed: martingales; double bridle; pelham with 2 reins; gag; grakle
- Dress: Jacket; white, cream or beige jodhpurs; gloves; regulation hat; boots. Whips
may be carried. Spurs may be used if short, blunt, single point pointing down. Long
hair to be secured so as not to hang lower than shoulder line when standing.
Jewellery to be removed or covered by clothing if it cannot be removed.
- Callers: If you want the test called, you can. Just bring your own caller.
- If you need to leave before results are available, send or bring an SAE for score sheet
(and hopefully your rosette!)